Aesthetic stomatology – its past and its present
Fashion on a wide smile appeared in the USA in 30-s of the XX- th century, and this was the time when “The Hollywood smile” expression became popular. Nowadays smiling broadly became a habit as a smile automatically creates good mood, consequently increasing your chances towards success both in your personal and business communications.
Alongside with occurrence of new materials the knowledge of teeth aesthetics gradually begins to be acquired and systematized, for instance, what kind of teeth there actually should be, what color, proportions, and how they should vary taking into consideration the age and the sex.
The features characterizing naturalness are the following:
- The absence of the perfect symmetry of teeth, their shape should correspond to the face oval, they have to be proportional.
- Teeth must have a color close to the natural. For example, canines should be a bit darker than cutters and the cutting edge should be slightly transparent.
- The gum edge should be light-pink and the distances between teeth should be filled with gum nipples.
- The enamel structure shouldn’t be perfectly smooth, the vertical platens and cross-section striation should be visible.
- In order not to make an impression that the teeth are situated too close from each other, cheek corridors should be noticed when smiling.
Aesthetic restoration of teeth in our clinic helps to eliminate the traces of caries, restore the anatomic structure, the brilliance and the initial color of teeth, hide the defects of enamel, grow the edges. We use the method of direct restoration when the tooth restoration is completed in the oral cavity and the indirect method when veneers are made in special laboratories, which are later placed on teeth.
Aesthetic stomatology is as well decorative stomatology which is a fashionable tendency of the recent years representing miniature ornaments and jewels for teeth. Everything, mentioned above, is available in our clinic.