Implantation of teeth- it’s a new quality of life!
The procedure called implantation of teeth just as implantology direction in contemporary stomatology is targeted towards not only eliminating physiological drawbacks of people (as restoration of lost teeth and the primary face oval), concerning their teeth loss, but as well returning them psychological self-trust and aesthetic appeal.
Let’s make it clear what the abovementioned concept means. The implant is a structure from titanium similar to a screw, which is implanted into the bone and later on it caries out the function of a support for an orthopedic design (a prosthesis or a crown).
For increase of durability and reliability of fastening of the screw-implant into the bone, its surface is processed in a special manner. Tiny roughness and unevenness occur on the surface of the implant. They are responsible for increasing the reliability of fastening- the bone firmly “catches” them and so the implant becomes a jaw part.
The system used during implantation of teeth usually consists of 3 parts: the root (screw) part, which is situated in the jaw bone, the neck which is at level of a gum and abatement, which in its turn is a support for the crown, bridge-like prosthesis or any construction which is going to be placed on it by the doctor after successful operation.
Clinical researches and the experience of using implantation of teeth as additional supports for demountable bridge-like prostheses or self-supporting artificial limbs showed numerous advantaged of this method in comparison with other methods of tooth prosthetics, which became classical.
- Allows to eliminate defects of a tooth alignment without turning of the next teeth.
- Occurs to be quite an advantageous alternative to demountable artificial limbs during the restoration of the last (the farthest) jaw teeth.
- Allows to make fixed tooth artificial limbs of big extent.
- Allows to design and use fixed prostheses at total absence of teeth. Besides, teeth implantation allows us to get essential improvement of fixation when using full demountable artificial limbs.
- Removes necessity to keep teeth with the doubtful periodontal forecast.
- Reduces the risk of jaw bone function loss.
If the tooth had been absent for quite a long time or the bone lost its capacity and changed its properties as a result of an inflammation of periodontium, many dentists, inexperienced in carrying out of a bone plasticity, refuse to undertake implantation of teeth.
Implantation of teeth may be done in terms of the absence of the necessary capacity of bone structure!
Our clinic has a wide experience in carrying out non-standard surgery interventions in similar cases, for example:
- Directed bone regeneration
- Change and implantation of bone blocks
- Open and close sinus-liftings (bottom raising of antritis bosom of the top jaw)
The main problem of implantation in terms of significant function loss of top jaw is the insufficient height of a bone structure in the field of maxillary bosoms, more infrequently – in the field of a pear-shaped aperture.
To solve the abovementioned problem there are two main approaches: installation of the implants in the sites of a bone boundary with maxillary bosoms and growing the height of a bone structure.
The use of ortopantomogram and computer tomogram are obligatory conditions for the correct planning of intervention into this area. Computer tomography is a version of x-ray research, based on layer scanning of the research area in three planes with the subsequent processing of the received image on the computer. While processing this procedure for growing bone structure the doctor may see the object in an extent image, with actual sizes and may evaluate its correlation with objects next to it.
By means of computer tomography the doctors get the opportunity to evaluate the capacity of the bone in the place where later on the implantation of teeth will be done. Our clinic is equipped with one of the latest models of X-ray equipment KODAK -9000 3D which gives us opportunities of full examination of the implantation zone.
The method of growing bone structure at the expense of reduction of capacity of maxillary bosoms, i.e. creation of new level of a bottom of a maxillary bosom is carried out by means of sinus-lifting operation.
Patient A. Hayrapetyan, who was operated on by means of sinus-lifting with an instant installation of the implants.
Depending on the clinical situation and patient’s individual features, the dentist-surgeon decides which type of sinus-lifting should be applied.
Surgeons- implantologists of our clinic have at their disposal the skills and materials for carrying out the abovementioned intervention, and this enlarges the number of patients with the expressed atrophy of lateral parts of the top jaw which can estimate advantages inner bone implants.
What is necessary for the successful implantation of teeth?
- Tell the doctor in details the whole history of your own diseases
- Tell about all allergic and other unusual reactions on medicines
- Make the necessary tests and to give extracts from stationary and out-patient cards as well as the results of recently taken medical
- Study all the prescriptions of the doctor and follow them by all means
- Ask the doctor about everything you are concerned about before the implantation of teeth
- Support hygiene of an oral cavity: clean your teeth and implants every day
- Attend periodic visits set by the doctors
- Let the doctor know about all the changes in your oral cavity in due time
The specialists of our clinic are permanent guests and regular attendees of practical courses, different kinds of symposia and seminars dedicated to the new tendencies in teeth implantation, the techniques of bone plasticity and the directed regeneration of a bone.